Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Lookup Windows in GP 2010


As I have been going through the beta release of GP 2010 I have been trying to come up with business examples for the new features. One of the features I looked at was the addition of a default view in the lookup windows. The following explanation if from the What's New documentation.
Lookups
You can define and save a default lookup view for your master records by selecting the Set as Default View option from the View menu or using the right-click menu in the lookup window. The default view you select will be the view displayed when you open the lookup window the next time.
So how can I use this?
I am a salesperson and I enter orders for my customers in Sales Order Entry. I would be easier if the customer lookup only displayed my customers. In the past, I used VBA to set this type of view, but with the release of GP 2010, I will be able to set a default view.

First, I create a favorite in Smartlist.

Second, you select the favorite in the Customer Lookup window.

Finally, you set the favorite as the Default View.

This setting is by user and it will remain as the default until you select another default view.

This new feature works with all master record lookups. Users will now be able to advantage of their Smartlist favorites in their lookup windows.

No comments:

Post a Comment